Take Part in a Community Service Opportunity and Improve the Lives of Children in Miami-Dade County
From time to time The Children's Trust seeks volunteer reviewers with interest in child and family development, education or social services to review proposals. The Children's Trust Requests for Proposals (RFP) are competitive solicitations that distribute funds to community service providers to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County:
All volunteer reviewers must:
- Only rate applications in a program area for which they have not been involved in a submitted application (applications in each program area will be independently assessed and rated, so applicants for one area may feel free to volunteer reviewer services in a different program area);
- Not have a conflict of interest with any applications assigned to be rated;
- Have an internet connection so that they may access and complete reviews online in The Children's Trust secure Trust Central system.
- Attend an in-person (on-site), three-hour content specific reviewer training at The Children's Trust (3150 SW 3rd Avenue, 8th floor, Miami, FL 33129), where reviewers will receive login information and instructions for rating proposals (multiple sessions available); trainings are typically within three days of the RFP due dates;
- Complete at least five application reviews (average 3-5 hours per review), and submit scores and comments online over a two-week period; and
- Attend an on-site, 2-4 hour, public review team debriefing meeting to discuss scores at the end of the two-week review period.